Parallel Jobs are aborting

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Lavanya B
Participant

Parallel Jobs are aborting

Post by Lavanya B »

Hi,

The parallel jobs are aborting with the below error-

main_program: APT_PMaddrInfoFor(): getaddrinfo(host = #hostname#, port = ) failed with error -2 - Name or service not known: node #hostname# cannot be used.

Please note: I have replaced the actual host name with #hostname# in the above error.

Has anyone encountered a similar error? Please help.

Thanks,
Lavanya
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Let's get some additional information. Is this affecting all jobs or just certain ones and if so, what do they have in common? Was everything working before and this a new error and if so, what changed (that you know of) that started this error to appear? Is your hostname correct and accessible?

Seems to me it's either a problem with your config file (were changes made to it or them?) or something in the topology changed. Wondering about work on your O/S like patches or firewall
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Has someone been playing with your APT files?

check your fastnames.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

When there is an unresolved parameter name, like #hostname#, in an error message, it usually signifies that that parameter has not been added to the job.

Possibly components have been copied from a different job, but the parameter has not.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Parallel Jobs are aborting

Post by chulett »

Lavanya B wrote:Please note: I have replaced the actual host name with #hostname# in the above error.
Ray - I believe this means they added the ## to the error message, not that it was unresolved. Lavanya, can you please clarify?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Lavanya B
Participant

Re: Parallel Jobs are aborting

Post by Lavanya B »

Yeah chulett... your are right. I have added ## only in the error message.

Yes, all the jobs are aborting and they were working fine before.
The hostname is correct and we are able to connect to the host through designer and administrator clients. There are not changes in the config file as well.
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Did you guys code Node restrictions in your jobs?

open the job and examine each stage to see if some yahoo is limiting the execution of a stage to a particular node name.