ERwin and DataStage client conflict

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

ERwin and DataStage client conflict

Post by qt_ky »

Has anyone else run into this?

When I open a DataStage client and enter my info, after I click Login I get a pop-up window that says:

Code: Select all

Please wait while Windows configures CA ERwin Data Modeler

Gathering required information...
That takes 2 or 3 minutes then my DataStage client opens.

This is a new Windows PC with installation order of 1) ERwin Data Modeler, then 2) DataStage 11.3.1.2, followed by 3) DataStage 11.7.0.1. It also happened on the previous image that had ERwin installed last. Changing the installation order does not help.

It is also on Windows 10, which is not yet supported by DataStage, but our organization moved to Windows 10 anyway, so there it is (in all its glory).

Apart from this login quirk, which only happens sometimes, everything else on the client seems OK.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Adjust PATH to put the DataStage objects ahead of the ERwin objects and this "problem" should go away for DataStage. But who knows what the impact would be on ERwin?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I had not checked PATH before but it appears to be OK. All the Info Server paths are listed first followed by Windows system paths followed by some SQL Server paths. There are no references to ERwin in the PATH.

I will update this if I run across any clues. For now it is a bit of a mystery.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius