Installation failure (client) - can't add product (SAP Pack)

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

spdsquared2
Participant

Installation failure (client) - can't add product (SAP Pack)

Post by spdsquared2 »

Trying to install sap pack onto client install 11.5 fp 2. Installation instructions say to run setup from is-suite (which doesn't exist), so ran from under is-client. But it never lets you get to screen to add additional products... I suspect fp2 install did this. error msg: 'The installation program has detected an existing client installation at given location...'
I had done installs this way a while ago on another machine and didn't have this issue (but it had been prior to installing fp2).
Any suggestions would be appreciated!!
Thanks! Sean
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The is-suite directory contains software for the engine, services and repository tiers. It will exist on the computer(s) that host those tiers. If you have deleted it, restore from backup or unpack from archive downloaded from Passport Advantage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
spdsquared2
Participant

Post by spdsquared2 »

Thanks for reply, although I can't see entire reply... I'm not a premium member.
I am doing the install on the client side, pointed out the 'is-suite' issue since the client side instructions reference is-suite even though it doesn't exist.
Thanks! Sean
spdsquared2
Participant

Post by spdsquared2 »

fyi: I suspect it was FP2 related, I completely uninstalled InfoSphere and then installed part CNK0MML (full install which includes fix pack 2, as opposed to what I had done full install 11.5.0.0 then fix pack on top of it). I can now install additional products.

Hope this helps others if they encounter similar issues.
Thanks! Sean