istool.sh ExportError:unable to create temporary archive fil

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

amit.jaiswal_ATL
Premium Member
Premium Member

istool.sh ExportError:unable to create temporary archive fil

Post by amit.jaiswal_ATL »

Hello All,

I am using istool.sh from command prompt to update the existing ISX file by adding more sets of jobs into it. root ID is able to update the isx file correctly but non-root ID is throwing Error "Export Error : unable to create temporary archive file" This non-root ID has all the correct privileges on the folder where existing ISX file is stored. Non-root ID is able to create the new isx file correctly under the same folder. Root ID is creating the tmp file during update process under the same folder and removing it once update is done. However, non-root ID is unable to do the same inspite of having all the privileges on this file, folder and parent folders. Can you please let me know the reason and resolution ?

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks in advance !
Amit Jaiswal
Atlanta GA USA
amit.jaiswal_ATL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by amit.jaiswal_ATL »

Below is the command I am using,
/lopt/IBM/InformationServer/Clients/istools/cli/istool.sh export -domain xxxxxxxx:9446 -authfile /ldata/mwaas/gif/app/datastage/relmgt/input/xxxxxxxx.af -updatearchive -archive /ldata/mwaas/gif/data/datastage/GSSM/12345-DSR185_TEST/DS2DS/1.0.0/deployment/DSR185_TEST-1.0.0-bkup.isx -datastage '-includeexecutable -includedependent -base='xxxxxxx'/'DSR185_TEST' '"/Jobs/Test Deployment/TestingDepl_Job4.pjb"' '"/Jobs/Test Deployment/TestingDepl_Job5.pjb"' '"/Jobs/Test Deployment/TestingDepl_Job6.pjb"' '"/Jobs/Test Deployment/TestingDepl_Job7.pjb"'
Amit Jaiswal
Atlanta GA USA
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Can you Login to a Shell using your user, doing a " cd /ldata/mwaas/gif/data/datastage/GSSM/12345-DSR185_TEST/DS2DS/1.0.0/deployment/" and seeing if the command "touch testfile" works? If it works, then you should have sufficient Access in the Directory (and should do a "rm testfile", too).
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Notice that it said TEMPORARY archive file.

I would look at your uvconfig setting to see where you have tmp paths defined.

See if your user id has rw permission there.

Please paste the full error message returned.