Netezza Connectors running long while loading into table

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rumu
Participant

Netezza Connectors running long while loading into table

Post by rumu »

Netezza connector stage is used to load Facts table into Dimensional layer. We are using a generic job that has one row generator stage connected to a Netezza Connector stage. Facts loading logic is written in SQL scripts and called within the Netezza stage as passing the script name in parameter. This job mostly runs fine but sometimes kept on running for hours without fetching a single records and after few hours it started fetching records.

In director log, it shows "Timed out " while data is being fetched. In an IBM post I found that Netezza opens a pipe to load the data creating an external table and there is a bug on the Netezza side that process hangs, which is not a DataStage issue.

Any suggestions? Can we use ODBC stage in place of Netezza stage?
Though native DB stage is usually better than ODBC I am wondering what could be an optimal solution here.

Thanks for any help.
Rumu
IT Consultant
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

By all means try ODBC. If there's a bug in the Netezza stage, then ODBC will be a valid workaround (that is, it works and the NZ stage doesn't).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rumu
Participant

Post by rumu »

Thanks Ray..We are also thinking in the same line.
Rumu
IT Consultant