CDC stage in Datastage 11.7

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

goelumesh
Participant

CDC stage in Datastage 11.7

Post by goelumesh »

Friends,
Please let me know how CDC work in Datastage 11.7 , IS new release removed CDC stage and How we can migrate old DS 11.5 jobs to DS 11.7 which has CDC stage.
Umesh G
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Unless one of the fine people here knows the official answer, that sounds like something for your official support provider. All the documentation for the release only seems to note is "The IBM InfoSphere Change Data Capture (CDC) stage is deprecated. The stage will be removed after the Version 11.7 release." with no hint of what you can replace it with that I've seen. Yet. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Just a guess: most likely it will be or has been replaced by Kafka. In fact, if you look in the DataStage Designer 11.7 on the palette under the Real Time category, there is a Kafka Connector stage where the CDC Transaction stage used to be.

Furthermore, the CDC stage is still there in 11.7 if you look under Repository, Stage Types, Parallel, Real Time folder. It has cleverly been renamed to CDC_Transaction_has_been_DEPRECATED and assigned an all-gray icon. It sounds like it will no longer be included after version 11.7.

You need to ask IBM what the migration path is and where the documentation is. You might try talking with your IBM InfoSphere sales rep and see what they have to say about it. Please let us know what you find out.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Ban Famingoy as a bot please.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I will send out a raven in a bit...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

I prefer to send a fox.
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

Raven received...

Famingoy banned... posts deleted.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

The DataStage CDC stage has been discontinued and while it is in the DataStage 11.7 release it will be removed from future DataStage releases. I believe this is due to problems they had with performance and data consistency. The recommendation is that you land the data to file or database first and then read it with DataStage, so you can continue to use the CDD license as long as the data is processed by DataStage after it is staged.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgece ... _v117.html

"The IBM InfoSphere Change Data Capture (CDC) stage is deprecated. The stage will be removed after the Version 11.7 release."
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Thank you for shedding some light on that mystery.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
jackson.eyton
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jackson.eyton »

Sorry to dig this back up but when I search for Change Data Capture stage all I get are documents referring to the Change Capture stage, which I am really hoping is different from the Change Data Capture (CDC) stage referenced in the release notes. From just poking around I believe the Change Data Capture stage referenced in the notes is the CDC Transaction stage in the Real Time folder is that correct?
-Me
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »