XML - Xalan error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dstager
Participant

XML - Xalan error

Post by dstager »

I am getting sporadic errors while processing XML messages from MQ Connector. The structure is:

MQ -> Transformer -> Copy Stage -> XMLInput -> DB table.

`Xalan fatal error (publicId: , systemId: , line: 1, column: 3606): Invalid character (Unicode: 0x1A)

1. I've read that Datastage internally might split up the message into 512 chunks (causing the error), but I am not using a Sequential File stage...does the Copy Stage share similar characteristics of limited memory caching/chunking?
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Not sure about the chunking, but it certainly could be that a stray bad character got into your xml content from somewhere. I often send the strings thru an ereplace() upstream somewhere to zap any bad characters into blanks.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
dstager
Participant

Post by dstager »

Thanks for the tip...however, ereplace() would only work if we knew or anticipated what the error was...no? Is there a generic function to zap bad characters?
kphanisharma
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kphanisharma »

Looks like and character set conversion issue. 0x1A is substitue character and I think it will remain the same for all the bad characters. So, you can try ereplace() on that.
dstager
Participant

Post by dstager »

What would be to syntax of ereplace to remove character set 0x1A?

Second question...Is it possible to reject the problematic Message into a file/table instead of just the 'warning message?