free, trial, or community edition

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

free, trial, or community edition

Post by qt_ky »

A coworker was asking if there any any free, trial, or community edition of DataStage or Information Server that may be used at home for learning purposes. I said, no, never has been, and in fact, connectivity to free databases, such as mysql community edition is disabled. Please correct me if wrong.

After 20+ years, are there any plans for DataStage or Information Server to play in the free/community space?

What is the best way then for a to-be DataStage developer to gain some knowledge and hands on experience in cases where they do not already work at a company having a license? Watching youtube videos alone is not sufficient.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can get a free trial of IBM Cloud (formerly IBM Blue Mix) in which you can play with lots of different IBM software (Information Server included) for a small amount of time. Then it becomes "freemium".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Thank you for the information!
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius