First record populating while using XML stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

deesh
Participant

First record populating while using XML stage

Post by deesh »

Hi,

I am trying to extract the data from xml file, i tried with the one of the online file (books xml file) with the XML stage, retrieving only the first row and remaining rows are not populating and not showing any warning or error,

Same file tried with the XML Input stage, it was working fine and retrieving all the records.

Please let me know did i missed or need to check any Property selection to retrieve all the records from the file using XML stage.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

What release are you on? Are you using the xml Stage, or the now-named Hierarchical Stage? It went thru quite an evolution over several releases...it is best used at current release levels like 11.7.

...but either way, you need an xml schema for your document, and the xml stage has a steep learning curve....it sounds like you probably haven't mapped your "list" icons correctly.

Is there a reason you are not using xmlInput anymore? There are some good reasons; performance in particular --- but if the Job is working with xmlInput you certainly don't "need" to change it.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>