CFF Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rebamu
Participant

CFF Stage

Post by rebamu »

Hi,

I am working on CFF stage to read a mainframe file.

Until now this is what I have tried out.

Option 1 :
In a parallel job I tried to used a CFF stage to read the mainframe file and write it to sequential file.

But because of "OCCURS DEPENDING ON CLAUSE" the array is not flattening and the data is visible as junk characters.

Option 2:

In a server job I tried the CFF stage here since the array can be flattened when metadata is being loaded the required columns are there but data for columns with GROUP are showing junk.

Kindly help me out here any ideas on how to handling ODO would a be very helpful.

Please do let me know if any more information is needed.

Thanks in advance.
Rebe
FranklinE
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by FranklinE »

I recently posted a FAQ about CFF. The link to the post is at the bottom of this post. Read about editing the copybook before loading it with the Import Wizard.

Occurs depending and groups are definitely problem areas needing attention before loading the table definition. One thing about ODO: you might not be able to resolve it, because it is essentially one large VarChar field, and you can't predict how long it will be. I've not had to deal with it in my projects, so don't hesitate to experiment and post your efforts and results.
Franklin Evans
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased. Thus do we refute entropy." -- Spider Robinson

Using mainframe data FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=143596 Using CFF FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=157872
rebamu
Participant

Post by rebamu »

Thank you Frank I will try and let you know my findings.
Rebe