Parallel Job failed with fatal error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Awais Dildar
Participant

Parallel Job failed with fatal error

Post by Awais Dildar »

Hi DS Gurus,
I have a parallel job in which there are almost 8 to 10 input DB2 connectors each connected with a transformer and then all the output are passed through funnel to the output stage. While executing the job I'm getting error followed by warnings.

Warning: Unmatched parenthesis character found at offset -1 parsing SQL....

Error:Error when checking operator :Caught unknown exception during wrapDescribeOperator().

PS: I have two different environments i-e Production & Development andsame job is executing without any warning or error on Development environment while i'm getting error on production environment.

Kindly help me out.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Are your two Servers using the same Version of DataStage and are they the same OS? If yes, could you check your c++ Compiler Settings on both machines to make sure that they are the same (that can be done using the Administrator tool).
Awais Dildar
Participant

Post by Awais Dildar »

On development server DS version 11.5 is being installed and on Production server DS version 11.7 is installed. Same OS and C++ compiler version is installed on both servers.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Interesting... usually one starts new versions in the lowest environments and works their way up. :?

If nothing comes of this here, involve your official support provider. Seems to me you've either run into 11.7 closing a "loophole" in 11.5 or there's a bug in 11.7 causing the issue.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Awais Dildar
Participant

Post by Awais Dildar »

Is there any possibility that this error or warning is due to some incorrect configurations ? If so, how can we trace inappropriate configurations?
PS:Everything is running of default configurations and almost every other job is executed successfully except for this job and few more.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I would be surprised if an incorrect configuration is the issue here, but who knows. Check with support. What's going on with the "few more" you mentioned?
-craig

Awais Dildar
Participant

Post by Awais Dildar »

Same error is occurring in some other jobs too.
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

What versions of DB2 Client are running on each host?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Awais Dildar wrote:Same OS and C++ compiler version is installed on both servers.
The important thing to check is the Compiler Settings. Go to your Administrator -> Projects (select your Project) -> Environment and select the Compiler Group on the left. Ensure both machines have the same Settings.
Awais Dildar
Participant

Post by Awais Dildar »

DB2 Client 10.5.5 is running on both server's Engine Tier.
Awais Dildar
Participant

Post by Awais Dildar »

ArndW, I will compare the settings of both compiler and will let you know if there is any difference.
Awais Dildar
Participant

Post by Awais Dildar »

I have compared the compiler settings for both environments and it has been found that both environments are same for compiler settings.

Please someone help me on this issue.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Several someones have been attempting to do exactly that. Have you involved your official support provider yet? Have you confirmed that all of your environments are at the same patch / fixpack level?
-craig

Awais Dildar
Participant

Post by Awais Dildar »

Yeah, we have involved the official support and they are looking into it.