Operations Console not showing MPP Compute Nodes

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Seth.Dickerson
Participant

Operations Console not showing MPP Compute Nodes

Post by Seth.Dickerson »

I have a v11.5.0.1 CrossMounted MPP Environment which is up and running and expected. I am attempting to configure the Operations Console to monitor the compute nodes as well. Specifically a couple of file system folders. I have configured the DSODBConfig.cfg to monitor these nodes:

# Resource Tracking - connections
# ===============================
# The following specifies the port number that the resource tracking application (ResTrackApp)
# will use on the local system. The default is 13450. (See also ODBQAPPPORTNUM below.)
ResourcePortNum=13450

# The following specifies the port number that the resource tracking application (ResTrackApp)
# will use on all remote nodes. The default is 13450.
ResourceRemotePortNum=13450

# The following specifies the name of a remote node whose resources are to be monitored.
# (The local system is always monitored if the resource tracker is running.)
# The name given for each node should match that used in Parallel Job config files.
# This property can be repeated any number of times to include multiple remote nodes.
ResourceNode=a05387
ResourceNode=a05794

# NOTE: Where supplying non-ANSI characters below, ensure file encoding is set to UTF-8
# Please see the full comment at the top on this subject for more details.

# The following specifies a locally mounted file system to be monitored.
# This property can be repeated any number of times to specify multiple file systems.
ResourceLocalFS=/tmp
ResourceLocalFS=/app/Scratch
ResourceLocalFS=/app/TMPDIR
ResourceLocalFS=/app/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSOMD/xml

# The following specifies a file system mounted on a remote node to be monitored.
# Specify the node name and file system path separated by a plus (+)
# The remote node name must match that specified in the corresponding ResourceNode entry above.
# This property can be repeated any number of times to specify multiple file systems.
ResourceRemoteFS=a05387+/tmp
ResourceRemoteFS=a05387+/app/Scratch
ResourceRemoteFS=a05387+/app/TMPDIR
ResourceRemoteFS=a05794+/tmp
ResourceRemoteFS=a05794+/app/Scratch
ResourceRemoteFS=a05794+/app/TMPDIR

All node names are consistent with their appropriate fastnames. I have then restarted the DataStage Engine. Thus far I am not able to see any compute nodes in the Operations Console. Is there another configuration setting I am missing? Any assistance would be appreciated as this is the only piece of the environment which is not working as expected.
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Try commenting out the port numbers.

Did you disable Resource Tracker in your dsenv?

APT_DISABLE_TRACKER_STARTUP=1; export APT_DISABLE_TRACKER_STARTUP

That might interfere I think.
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Seth, did you ever get this to work?

I am facing the same or similar issue.
Seth.Dickerson
Participant

Post by Seth.Dickerson »

Sorry for the late response, but yes I figured out the issue. My MPP environment is currently using "Hostbased Authentication" meaning instead of RSA keys used per individual user, my servers are using SSH keys at the server/host level. Ops Console doesn't work by using "hostbased" authentication so I had to setup individual SSH keys for the dsadm user from my conductor node to the compute nodes in the environment. Once I did that everything showed up in the Ops Console as it should.
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

btw, there is a patch you will want to install. It fixes the DSODB console reporting on the disk usage of remote nodes.

We worked with IBM to get that fixed.

This one:

description="JR58962 OpsConsole Web UI not showing disk space for multiple secondary nodes on grid."

patch_JR58962_domain_all_11300-11312