How to get JSON file from blob storage using DataStage 11.5

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Chon
Participant

How to get JSON file from blob storage using DataStage 11.5

Post by Chon »

I need to get JSON file from blob storage then load the data from json file to our Database. I'm using Hierarchical Stage to load the json file in our table but I dont know how to get the json file from blob storage.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Hi.

"blob storage" can mean a lot of things. Where exactly is it stored and in what medium [brand or type of database?, blob or clob datatype? Amazon S3?, something else?].

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
Chon
Participant

Post by Chon »

Sorry . Forgot to include it. It is Microsoft Azure . It is possible to get the file using DataStage? Right now we are using API to get the file from blob storage then store the file in our DataStage server
rkashyap
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rkashyap »

"Read a BLOB (GET BLOB)" section of Developerworks article IBM Datastage Hierarchical Stage made easy to do operations on Azure-Cloud platform has information on reading Azure blob using XML connector. It may help you.

Do share your solution and experience in accessing Azure blobs from DataStage in this forum.
Chon
Participant

Post by Chon »

Thank You :D .. I'll check this