Notification Activity Stage losing the Recipient??

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

simc
Premium Member
Premium Member

Notification Activity Stage losing the Recipient??

Post by simc »

Hey All looking for some advice on something.

I've got a project where the recipient is being lost in the notification activity stage.

Has anyone seen this?

I have brought it down to a simple one stage job that sends an email.

Weird thing is that the same simple job, works fine on other projects on the same server..... as well as the same project on a different server.

The DSsendmail_template.txt is identical across all jobs and servers.

Any thoughts/advice?

Charles
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I have not seen this behaviour. Is the recipient hard-coded, or are you using a job parameter? What happens if you try the other method?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

In Addition, are you using the same (Standard) "sendmail" from UNIX or some other package? Are the Projects all on the same UNIX Server?
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

We copy the template file dssendmail_template.txt to a new file named dssendmail.txt and make our customizations on the new file, and we set permissions to 640 on each file. Check to see if you have this other file as well and check the permissions.

Also check your recipient value to make sure it does not have any special characters in it, like line feeds, etc.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
simc
Premium Member
Premium Member

resolved

Post by simc »

So I just wanted to close this out.

I was never able to find a reason for the job losing the recipient, so I completely removed the project on that server, recreated the job, and re-imported from DEV to TST. All is good now emails are sending fine.

Never found out what the issue was but I'm all good now.

Thanks,
Charles