Issue w/ multiple Insert statements running parallel in ODBC

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

skp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Issue w/ multiple Insert statements running parallel in ODBC

Post by skp »

Hi All,

9.1 datastage version we have designed one job which will have multiple insert statements in ODBC enterprise stage in Server job which is executing successfully. But when we tried to migrate the same job to 11.5 and replacing ODBC enterprise stage with connector and triggered the job but ODBC connector is trying to execute the insert queries parallel hence our job getting aborted with the error "IntfLeaseMasterInbound..TRN_MaptoAmtTrac: Exception thrown from CC_OdbcDBStatement::executeInsert, file CC_OdbcDBStatement.cpp, line 751: ODBC function "SQLRowCount" reported: SQLSTATE = HY010: Native Error Code = 0: Msg = [DataDirect][ODBC lib] Function sequence error"
When we checked with DBA they mentioned that multiple insert statements are executing in parallel on the same table hence it is getting aborted.

I tried to see the option where I can make insert statements run in sequential order but not able to find the option. Please suggest me how to fix this issue
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It's always a good idea to include pertinent details of your issue, in this case exactly how/where you are performing these "multiple insert statements" in the stage rather than make people guess. And when I Googled for "HY010 Function sequence error" I didn't see anything in the results that implied you would have any control over it... it seems to be more about a coding error in either the driver itself or how it is being leveraged by the stage.

Meaning make sure you are current on fixpacks for your version and involve your official support provider. IMHO.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers