MySql Connection Issue In Datastage 11.5

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

You had an extra character in there (the Control-V, perhaps from an arrow key). The "traceroute" command is a Standard UNIX/AIX command and is most certainly present on your Server.
Chon
Participant

Post by Chon »

Here is the result :

admin@p2lp18:/home/admin>traceroute 13.250.184.188
trying to get source for 13.250.184.188
source should be 10.47.0.93
traceroute to 13.250.184.188 (13.250.184.188) from 10.47.0.93 (10.47.0.93), 30 h ops max
outgoing MTU = 32768
1 * * *
2 * * *
3 * * *
4 * * *
5 * * *
6 * * *
7 * * *
8 * * *
9 * * *
10 * * *
11 * * *
12 * * *
13 * * *
14 * * *
15 * * *
16 * * *
17 * * *
18 * * *
19 * * *
20 * * *
21 * * *
22 * * *
23 * * *
24 * * *
25 * * *
26 * * *
27 * * *
28 * * *
29 * * *
30 * * *
Chon
Participant

Post by Chon »

We fixed the issue by fixing the firewell between the mysql server and datastage server but I got different issue after testing the connection

Connections to MySQL Community Servers are not supported. Please contact MySQL to obtain a MySQL Enterprise or Commercial Version
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Kind of a crazy question but are you running the "Community" version of the database?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Chon
Participant

Post by Chon »

Upon checking, the mysql version is 5.5.56-MariaDB
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Isn't that a different product entirely?

https://downloads.mariadb.org/mariadb/5.5.56/

While the pages I looked at seem to indicate that MariaDB is a 1:1 drop-in replacement for MYSQL, it would seem that this does not apply to the DataDirect ODBC Driver.
Chon
Participant

Post by Chon »

I'm not really sure. Our client just send me database details that I need to access. Is there a way how to fix this? or our client needs to change their mysql version from community to enterprise?
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

A quick quote from https://blog.panoply.io/a-comparative-vmariadb-vs-mysql :

MariaDB is a fork of MySQL (and yes, it is designed to be a drop-in replacement)
- data and table definition files are compatible
- client protocols, structures, and APIs are identical
- MySQL connectors will work with MariaDB without modification

Regarding the new error, it looks like, as the error indicates, that the bundled Progress DataDirect mysql driver does not support connecting to the free community edition:

This quote is from https://knowledgebase.progress.com/arti ... ticle/5155 :

If the resulting string value mentions that this is a MySQL Commercial or MySQL Enterprise server, then the DataDirect Connect for ODBC MySQL drivers will connect. If the string mentions that this is a MySQL Community server, the DataDirect Connect for ODBC drivers will not connect.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
Chon
Participant

Post by Chon »

The error after testing the connection is "Connections to MySQL Community Servers are not supported. Please contact MySQL to obtain a MySQL Enterprise or Commercial Verson"

It seems there is no way to connect our source db(MariaDB) in DataStage.

Thank you all guys. Appreciated your help
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sounds like a support question to me. I'm wondering if you would need to purchase ODBC drivers for it since the branded version bundled with the product can't be used...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

To Craig's point, we are not the official support provider, so it's too early to conclude that there is no way to connect. Contact support to confirm. I hope there is a way or there will be a way soon. If you do contact support, please let us know what you find out.

There is also this IBM technote where they have documented a way, but also clearly state they do not support it, so you would be on your own if you run into issues...

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21458603
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius