Client Repository structure in DS server

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ajithaselvan
Participant

Client Repository structure in DS server

Post by ajithaselvan »

Can we get the Client Repository structure (Jobs folder structure) from DS server (unix)?
Ajitha S
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

If you just want to create a text dump of the folder structure, then I suppose you could piece it together from a DSX or ISX export file. Is that what you're looking for? What have you tried?
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If you are just looking for Locations for Jobs and subdirectories, the DataStage hashed file "DS_JOBS" contains that Information.

Code: Select all

LIST DS_JOBS CATEGORY WITH NAME LIKE \...
Last edited by ArndW on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
ajithaselvan
Participant

Post by ajithaselvan »

My 'Jobs' folder has too many sub folders. I'd like to create same folder structure in my version control tool. Is there any way get it, instead of manual creation?. If my server is also resides in windows, will it be possible?
Ajitha S
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

You could script a line parsing script from the following output:

$DSHOME/../../Clients/istools/cli/istool.sh export -preview -domain $domain:9445 -v -u $user -p $passw -ar /tmp/$projectName.NeverCreatedProjectExportPreview.isx -ds "-incdep $server/$projectName/*/*.*";

That should list each asset in your project. That would include jobs, table def, stage types, build ops, routines, etc... The -preview is the trick you want. It will LIST the contents of the export, but not actually do the export.

You might also want to store those other objects into your external repository so that is why I did not filter them out with the above command.

And yes, I highly recommend storing those into your version control system as well. Routines are just as important as a job when you have to rebuild your environment from scratch. :)
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I'm a bit confused; The LIST command I provided gives exactly what the OP wanted. For example in my small test Project, with a bit of formatting in the LIST command:

Code: Select all

LIST DS_JOBS CATEGORY FMT 64L WITH NAME LIKE \... ID.SUP BY CATEGORY 10:22:07
03-15-18  PAGE    1
Category........................................................

\0_General
\0_General\01_Table Definitions
\0_General\01_Table Definitions\REGTEST
\1_Jobs
\1_Jobs\99_REGTEST
\Jobs

9 records listed.
>
I don't have any Folders in the original "Jobs", but created a subfolder under "1_Jobs".
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not confused, just old. Like me. The command line interfaces such as dsjob are now to be the preferred mechanism, against the day that the "UniVerse" engine is dropped.

More on that shortly, once IBM Think 2018 finishes.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.