Help resetting SDKSequences

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

imsularif
Participant

Help resetting SDKSequences

Post by imsularif »

Hi All,

I got stuck when resetting the value in SDKSequences routine.

I used the below statement in UV environment.
UPDATE SDKSequences USING DICT VOC SET F1='87228' WHERE @ID='<sequence name>';

1. The execution takes too long.
2. The command failed with error -- DataStage/SQL: NOWAIT, Can't lock record, conflict with user "62160".

Please help.

Also, I tried to ran the routine manually and the sequence number is incremental in the output of the routine. But the hash file is not updated.

Please help me to understand why hash file is not updated when routine was run manually?

Thanks
Arif
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

You replied to a thread last touched in 2007. It is better form to create your own thread for a new Problem.

In your case the record is indeed locked by another process. You can use the "PORT.STATUS" command to see which user might be locking the record for your sequence in the SDKSequences file.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

... or just wait for someone to come along and split them for you. :wink:

Here is the original 11 yeard old topic for reference:

viewtopic.php?t=98814

And since this was your first post, had to guess about your version number. Please feel free to edit your post and correct it if needed.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: Help resetting SDKSequences

Post by ray.wurlod »

imsularif wrote: Please help me to understand why hash file is not updated when routine was run manually?

2. The command failed with error -- DataStage/SQL: NOWAIT, Can't lock record, conflict with user "62160".
DataStage will not update the hashed file if it cannot lock the record for update.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.