ORACLE CONNECTOR STAGE IS SLOWER

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

anguila09
Participant

ORACLE CONNECTOR STAGE IS SLOWER

Post by anguila09 »

Hello I have a ODBC stage and I charge an Oracle stage. The load is really slow, average 800 rows per second. Since DataStage has some particular settings with Oracle 12, I do not know how to improve this speed anymore.
I have divided the job so that the data is in a sequential file and after transformed they load, but it remains the same.

Any ideas or suggestions? :idea:
Anguila09
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Could you better describe your scenario please.

I do not know what "and I charge a stage oracle." means.

IMHO an Oracle Connector stage is faster than ODBC if properly configured.
anguila09
Participant

Post by anguila09 »

My Job is
ODBC ===> sequential file ===> Oracle connector
Anguila09
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Why the intermediate flat file? If you really want to do that, it should be split into two separate jobs so that you have better restartability. Also don't forget that "rows per second" - besides being a pretty useless metric - counts the entire time your job runs so the first half can make the second half look... slower. Never mind that splitting it will help determine where the actual bottleneck is.

What happens if you replace the sequential file with a transformer? Does the performance change / improve at all? And as Paul notes, the connector does need to be "properly configured" so you'd need to let us know your properties there, how it is currently configured, to be able to provide more specific help. I'd also be curious what your ODBC source is, something other than Oracle?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is your Oracle Connector set to 11g or 12c ?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.