DataStage Designer 11.7.x hangs

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

DataStage Designer 11.7.x hangs

Post by qt_ky »

We've had one developer report that DataStage Designer 11.7.x hangs a lot as he is opening multiple jobs, but it does not enter into a "Not Responding" state and does not give an error. He's on a normal, wired connection (no wireless), and it's the same connection he uses for 11.3.x.

We have not run into this on 11.3.x so I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this on 11.7.x (or other versions) and if there is a known resolution. I feel like at this point we do not have enough to go off of to talk with Support about it. We are trying it out on other machines right now and doing things like that to try to narrow it down.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you also trying the new browser-based Designer and, if so, does that also have the same slowness issues?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

We have indeed looked into the web-based flow designer and acknowledge that it is a work in progress. In general I think it is a move in a good direction. We have not, however, used it to help narrow down the hang issue in the thick-client Designer. Thank you for the idea.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius