RCP not working for Salesforce Server Package stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

skp
Premium Member
Premium Member

RCP not working for Salesforce Server Package stage

Post by skp »

Hi All,

I am trying to fetch the data from SOQL Database using sales force connector server Package.

When I tried to define column metadata I can see data in dataset but when I use RCP without defining columns Job is getting successful but in dataset all values are coming as blank.

Anyone knows the reason and solution for the same.

Appreciated your help on this.

Writing simple select query with few fields only.
rkashyap
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rkashyap »

IBM's response to a PMR on this issue ...
RCP is not currently supported in the SFDC Pack. The bug is that the button/checkbox should not be presented.
dsedi
Participant

Post by dsedi »

Just to bump up the thread..we are facing the exact issue as OP only difference is Datastage Version 11.3 and IBM yet to fix the issue, we plan to go with another PMR from our end...
Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You did catch the fact that the "bug" they are going to fix is removing the RCP button/checkbox as it is not valid with SF, yes? Not making it work somehow. Just double-checking. Or perhaps you can check to see if perhaps it should / will be supported now...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Right... Not supported means it's not an issue. You would need to open a request for enhancement (RFE) saying that you need the feature added for some reason.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
DatastageCoEUser
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DatastageCoEUser »

PLease suggest if there's any work around to extract the data from Sales force without defining the columns. Need to achieve the RCP Functionality.
rkashyap
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rkashyap »

SFDC stage (still) does not supports RCP. You may submit a Request for Enhancement for this.