Creating XBRL files

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

etl_sandip
Participant

Creating XBRL files

Post by etl_sandip »

Dears,

I am in need of creating the XBRL file, which should be populated with 10 million deals(records).

Is there any stage that would validate and create XBRL files as per the regulator demands? If yes, would you be kind to share insights at high level how to do so?

Thanks,
Sandip
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Hadn't heard of that yet so did a little searching. An extension of XML but doesn't sound (to me) like something you could handle easily within a job. Perhaps Ernie knows something about it. Found this topic at the official standards site, perhaps it might help some. Sounding like you may need specialized / dedicated tools to create those files.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

As I recall, the complexity is not with the xml itself.....its just xml afterall....and DS can write xml.....the complexity is in the xbrl protocol, which outlines a "set" of xml documents that conform to, and deliver, as a coordinated set of files, details of financial reports.

What this means is that an expert on xbrl might use datastage to build the xml needed for the xbrl structure they or others have modeled for the reports in question. Understanding the structure of those xmls and/or modeling them is the challenge.....loading them is just mechanics.

If you are deeply familiar with the particular xbrl set and the data that has to feed each, then certainly ds and its xml stages can do this.....but there is nothing specific in ds for xnrl, per se.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>