Information Analyzer and DataStage Rules Integration

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

neeraj
Participant

Information Analyzer and DataStage Rules Integration

Post by neeraj »

Hello,

We have created few rules in Information Analyzer and when I am trying to execute those rules using DataStage, I am not able to view the rules in Data Rules.

Please guide.

Regards
Neeraj
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You first need to Publish the rules in Information Analyzer. Only published Data Rule Definitions are visible from the Data Rules stage in DataStage.

The same is true in the reverse direction; if you create your Data Rule Definitions within the Data Rules stage, you need to publish them before they can be used in Information Analyzer.

"Publish" in this context means storing them in the more public areas of the common metadata repository.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

neeraj wrote:Thanks a lot for the reply.
The rest went off into a new post in the IA forum since you have a new requirement / question / issue. And since you moved on, I'm going to mark this as Resolved but feel free to open it back up if you still need help here.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers