Strange behaviour in Prod environment but run well on UAT

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kgopskrish
Participant

Strange behaviour in Prod environment but run well on UAT

Post by kgopskrish »

When we run our job in lower environment, we don't find any issue but on the production box, we don't see data appearing in the xml tag.

We use dataset to read the values and we write it into Hadoop file in one flow and post it into xml in another flow. We find proper values appearing on the Hadoop file but few values are not appearing in xml tags and it is only for few records. We see this problem only on the production box which we moved recently. Can anyone throw some light on that. We ran the prod job only once. Please share your valuable insights.
New to DataStage. Need expert advice during initial stage
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

I would start with the basics. Ensure that both projects are created equal. Ensure that file mounts have the correct permissions. Ensure that the user id you are running the job with has the same Ulimits. Basically, make sure the infrastructure is identical between UAT boxes and Prod boxes.

Then go look at the job.

Did you migrate a COMPILED piece of code to prod or did you recompile over there?

If you send the SAME input data over to UAT, does it spit out a correct output file?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I would ask the obvious question - what's different between the two environments?

Tip: the answer is NOT "nothing".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.