RCP with Fixed Width File

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nibumathewbabu
Premium Member
Premium Member

RCP with Fixed Width File

Post by nibumathewbabu »

Dear all,
I have a requirement.
Input File which is a fixed width file contains 6 fields out of that 4 fields need to be loaded in to target DB(fields which needs to be omitted is 3rd and 5th fileds)

Similarly I will receive another file like above for another feed that loads to same target DB.

In the above scenario how can I use RCP to read source file and omit 2 middle fields and load the rest 4 fields in to target DB.(Please remember file is Fixed width file)

Please help
Thanks
Nibu Mathew Babu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why do you feel that you need to use RCP? The perfect solution would not use RCP. To use RCP with a sequential file, you have to go to the trouble of creating a schema file.
You can drop the non-required columns in any intermediate stage in your job design (even a Copy stage, which runs at no cost), or you can use the "drop on input" property for the unneeded columns in the Sequential File stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
nibumathewbabu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nibumathewbabu »

Thank you Ray
Thanks
Nibu Mathew Babu