Memput issue with Memattr table -loading data into MDM using

Infosphere Master Data Management theory and best practices

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, falsehate

Ansh1124
Participant

Memput issue with Memattr table -loading data into MDM using

Post by Ansh1124 »

Hi

When trying to load data into MDM using MDM connector stage in datastage its throwing error EODBC:, unable to insert/update/delete member data. This is happening only with with attrval(null) attribute of memattr table. Please help. If the attrval attributes have values in them or if they are removed from memput its loading. Its happening only if attrval attributes from source have nulls in them.

Thanks in advance.
Ansh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How are you specifying the null values?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Ansh1124
Participant

Post by Ansh1124 »

Thanks for your reply

I have 10 attributes that load into attrval of memattr table.
Our Source is a file, usually we are getting nothing meaning empty for all these fields. I am sending the same.

Please let me know if you need further information in order to resolve my problem.

Appreciate your help.
Ansh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Empty is not the same as null. You need some mechanism to convert your empty strings to "out of band null". You can research this in the IBM Knowledge Center.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Ansh1124
Participant

Post by Ansh1124 »

Hi Ray

Thank you so much for your reply.

My source is nullable and target is not nullable. So my scenario falls under out of band to normal representation.Can you please explain with an example for my case since i dont have any default value to load as explained in IBM Knowledge center.

If there is no value for that attribute i should also send without anything.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks & Regards
Ansh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

An in-band null is simply a value that you choose that is legitimate for the domain (e.g. data type) but which cannot occur in your data. For example, if a field is Integer, but you know that the values are always non-negative, then you might represent null as -1, or -4294967296. So long as your representation is consistent, and documented so that users are aware that this is an exceptional value, all should be well.
Ansh1124
Participant

Post by Ansh1124 »

ray.wurlod wrote:An in-band null is simply a value that you choose that is legitimate for the domain (e.g. data type) but which cannot occur in your data. For example, if a field is Integer, but you know that the val ...
Hi Ray..

Thanks for your response but unfortuntately i dont have access to premium content so i cannot read entire message.
Ansh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can sign up here.