Using dsjob to find modified jobs

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sec105105
Participant

Using dsjob to find modified jobs

Post by sec105105 »

Is it possible to use dsjob to get a list of new or changed jobs - say with today's date ?
We're trying to automate our project backups using istool, but only want to export it when a change to a job in the project has happened.

I know there's a 'modified_date' entry when you export in DSX, but I don't want to have to export a whole project just to get that field. dsjob seems to be able to extract a lot of good data, but I haven't seen where last_modification_date may be .

I'm also loosely familiar with the internal database, but don't have the knowledge to extract from that.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I don't recall any way to get this information via dsjob. However, off the top of my head... do an exact search here for "DS_AUDIT" and see if anything there helps. I believe that table existed back in the 8.x versions. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you read the Programmer's Guide manual* you will see the source code for dsjob (which was originally developed to illustrate the DataStage API) and will be able to determine whether that piece of information is retrievable from the command as it exists. If not, you can adapt the code.

* If it's not there, try the Advanced Developer's Guide - I can't recall the version 8 manual set from memory.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It is in the Programmer's Guide and alsohere online.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers