Multi-client manager - how does it know ?

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sec105105
Participant

Multi-client manager - how does it know ?

Post by sec105105 »

We recently added DS 11.5 to our 8.5 versions on our Windows clients. I use Multi-Client-Manager to switch between 8.5 and 11.5 no problem - When I bring up the MCM dialogue, it knows which version I'm currently aligned with.

..... But how does it know?

Are there any files at the Windows level that would identify where I'm pointing? I know \IBM\InformationServer and \IBM\InformationServer11 directories exist, but is there a file or flag that indicates which version I'm currently attached to ?

Or is it all set in the registry ?

I'd like to know because I want to have some Windows scripts that (depending on which project the user is attached to) do compiles or imports in the InformationServer or InformationServer11 directories....
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's fairly certain to be a registry entry, so that it persists when you are logged out. I'd reckon it's in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER hive. I'm not currently in a position to research further (no access to regedt32 on the customer's client machine).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Registry entry manipulation. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sec105105
Participant

Found in the registry....

Post by sec105105 »

Found it (among other places) with the keyword CodeBase , under the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT section.

So, you could use the Windows command like :
reg query HKCR /s /f codebase > IS.txt

then examine IS.txt - if it contains 'InformationServer11', then you're pointing to the 11.5 client. if just 'InformationServer' then you're pointing to 8.