ISSUE INSERTING FROM ORACLE TO SAP (PACK R3)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

GES
Participant

ISSUE INSERTING FROM ORACLE TO SAP (PACK R3)

Post by GES »

Dear Friends.

I've got a situation and I hope you can help me.

I've migrated a server job from DS 7.5 to DS 8.7. It only get some data from Oracle (working perfectly) and put those rows in SAP (using BAPI_PACK_fo_rR3 Stage). When I run the job on 7.5 it works beautifully, but on 8.7 dispite the fact it finishes OK, I got from the log next message "RFC:000 wrong parameters on table XXXXXXXX". As I said, I've migrated the job and I did NOT make any changes in it: it's just the same and the source and taget servers are just the same as well.

It's important to say that from 7.5 and 8.7 I can "extract" data from SAP without any errors, so the problem should't be the connection per se.

I know it's difficult to help with this poor information, but actually I'm not sure how or what information include here.

Big hug and thanks to all.

Ges
G.e.s.
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

8.7 has a lot more metadata fixes to the code. Jobs that used to work (without reporting errors) might fail at compile time or runtime now. Even more so when you jump to the 11.x versions. (why you would chose 8.7 at this point is odd but so is live).

Think of it this way... the condition was always there, now you simply know about it.
GES
Participant

Post by GES »

Well, thank you for aswering, but I could't find anything in your answer to resolve the problem. I'm aware about differences, Just need some light in order to know where I should start looking...

Thanxs!
G.e.s.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you perhaps post the full details of the logged error message(s), including any SAP error code?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
GES
Participant

Post by GES »

Yes, I'll do it. I'm waiting for the sap logs at the moment, thanxs.
G.e.s.