DSXchange: DataStage and IBM Websphere Data Integration Forum
View next topic
View previous topic
Add To Favorites
This topic has been marked "Resolved."
Author Message
metadatamen



Group memberships:
Premium Members

Joined: 26 Oct 2016
Posts: 42

Points: 438

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:42 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

DataStage® Release: 11x
Job Type: Parallel
OS: Unix
Hi,

Is it possible to have a separate IADB for each IA project instead of pointing to same IADB from all IA projects?

We do have multiple engine for each IA projects bur wondering if we could have separate IADB also.

I did create a separate IADB and configuring it in one of the IA project but I was getting an error stating that the configuration is wrong though the connection was made successful in IMAM for this new IADB.

Could someone please advise what more configuration that we need to do to make this work.
qt_ky



Group memberships:
Premium Members

Joined: 03 Aug 2011
Posts: 2789
Location: USA
Points: 21033

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:01 am Reply with quote    Back to top    

Yes. We have started creating a new and separate analysis database for each IA project. It makes managing disk space and clean-up easier. When a project is completed, we can just drop its analysis database.

Here is a good starting point.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSZJPZ_11.5.0/com.ibm.swg.im.iis.productization.iisinfsv.install.doc/topics/wsisinst_pln_overviewiadbprep.html

The high level steps are to run a shell script that executes a DDL script to create a new IADB. Then you have to create connections to the database, including a JDBC connection from WAS. I am not sure why but unfortunately the instructions say you have to restart WAS. Get all that tested and working before going into IMAM and before creating the new IA project. Then you have to go into the new IA project properties and point it to the new analysis database and validate.

Where are you running into a problem and what is the error?

Here are a few related links:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSZJPZ_11.5.0/com.ibm.swg.im.iis.ia.administer.doc/topics/New_config_steps_super.html

And the JDBC part:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27041740

_________________
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
Rate this response:  
Not yet rated
metadatamen



Group memberships:
Premium Members

Joined: 26 Oct 2016
Posts: 42

Points: 438

Post Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:15 am Reply with quote    Back to top    

Thank you! We did this successfully.
Rate this response:  
Not yet rated
metadatamen



Group memberships:
Premium Members

Joined: 26 Oct 2016
Posts: 42

Points: 438

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:39 am Reply with quote    Back to top    

We are facing a problem on this set-up now.

We now have a multi-engine tier topology, meaning a separate engine for each Information Analyzer project and a dedicated IADB database for each.
We are seeing a different behavior when we select "User Defined" or "Advanced Table" as Output table for any IA Rule. It says "ScratchSpace Failed to create dummy Table or landing table or view" though there isn't any scratch space issue actually.

We had only one server before which had both WAS and Engine installed, we were using the same server for all Services and Engine execution, and had a single IADB DB.

Recenlty we have added 3 engine, pointing to the existing WAS and things were working ok, just that we didn't test the "User Defined" or "Advanced Table" as Output table for an IA Rule.

And when we select that option now, it's causing this problem.

Everything works as expected if we point to an engine where we have WAS/service also installed [the old one], but it's not working if we point to any new engine/IADB.
We checked the access permission on new IADB also, and it's all ok.

Please advise if anyone have experienced a similar issue?
Rate this response:  
Not yet rated
qt_ky



Group memberships:
Premium Members

Joined: 03 Aug 2011
Posts: 2789
Location: USA
Points: 21033

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:48 am Reply with quote    Back to top    

I haven't run into that. It sounds complicated. Perhaps there's an operating system file level permission issue. Have you looked through the SystemOut.log file for clues?

_________________
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
Rate this response:  
Not yet rated
metadatamen



Group memberships:
Premium Members

Joined: 26 Oct 2016
Posts: 42

Points: 438

Post Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:44 am Reply with quote    Back to top    

The issue was with default schema assigned on new IADB DB. It should have been the ID that we configured on IADB Setting but our DBA configured it incorrectly so default tables were created with dbo.<table name> and user defined and advanced table couldn't find this table since it would look under different schema.

As soon as changed the default schema at SQL Server level, it worked.
Rate this response:  
Not yet rated
Display posts from previous:       

Add To Favorites
View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Theme & Graphics by Daz :: Portal by Smartor
All times are GMT - 6 Hours