Regarding istool command in Datastage 11.3 version

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kirankumarreddydesireddy
Participant

Regarding istool command in Datastage 11.3 version

Post by kirankumarreddydesireddy »

Hi,

We were using the istool command to export and import projects in Datastage 9.1 version. Currently we are migrating to 11.5 v and I am unable to find this command, Is something changed in the new version 11.5?

Earlier we used to find istool in /opt/IBM/InformationServer/Clients/istools/cli folder on the engine tier in Datastage 9.1 version.

However, I see istool.sh, istool.bat and not just istool command.

The commands which I used to run in 9.1 v to export/import are not working in 11.5 v since, the istool command is not available on the engine tier.

I was able to export/import from command line in 11.5 v on the client tier, but checking if it is possible from engine tier too?

Thanks,
Kiran
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

We have automated project exports running the istool.sh script from the directory you mentioned on UNIX servers on both v11.3 and v11.5. We schedule them to run nightly for backup purposes.

I can't speak to v9.x because we skipped over it, however, we used to run the same scripts on v8.7, so as far as I can tell, nothing has changed. Try executing the shell script on your engine tier. Let us know if you get any errors.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

you could make a symbolic link istool ->istool.sh and your stuff should work, and you would survive tool patches as well.
kirankumarreddydesireddy
Participant

Re: Regarding istool command in Datastage 11.3 version

Post by kirankumarreddydesireddy »

We tried to execute istool.sh and it worked fine.

Thanks,
Kiran