IA quality analysis on a text file?

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

IA quality analysis on a text file?

Post by qt_ky »

Is it possible to run analysis against a text file? I have an ODBC text file driver setup and imported into IMAM, identified the file, and then imported its metadata into IMAM, then ran quality analysis from the IA thin client. It failed and I found the following fatal message in the corresponding DataStage job log:

Code: Select all

pxbridge(0): ODBC function "SQLPrepare" reported:  SQLSTATE = 42S02: Native Error Code = 1,509: Msg = [IBM(DataDirect OEM)][ODBC Text driver]File not found '/path/project/source/`file.txt'. (CC_OdbcDBStatement::dbsPrepare, file CC_OdbcDBStatement.cpp, line 362)
I noticed a tick mark was introduced between the path and file name. Not sure where that came from, but I was able to View Data Sample OK from the IA workbench. Column analysis run from the workbench fails with the same error. I have opened a PMR.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is this reproducible? Is the character always a back-tick? Any idea where it comes from? Are your ODBC drivers up to date?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

No idea where the back-tick came from. It happens consistently.

As far as I know, we are using the ODBC drivers that shipped with 11.5.0.2 but I will need to double check to be sure. Definitely not using drivers older than that...

I am able to "View Data Sample" on this file from the IA workbench with no issues.

/path/project/source is not the actual path. I have to substitute generic values in place of real values when posting online.

Here is the .odbc.ini header section entry:

MYPOC=DataDirect TextFile(*.*) Driver
Here is the .odbc.ini driver section entry (it's got mostly default settings):

[MYPOC]
Driver=/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/branded_odbc/lib/VMtxt00.so 
Description=DataDirect TextFile(*.*) Driver 
AllowUpdateAndDelete=0
ApplicationUsingThreads=1 
CacheSize=4 
CenturyBoundary=20
Database=/path/project/source
DataFileExtension=TXT 
DecimalSymbol=. 
Delimiter=
FileOpenCache=0 
FirstLineNames=0
IntlSort=0
ScanRows=25 
TableType=Comma 
UndefinedTable=GUESS
Here is the /path/project/source/QETXT.INI file that was automatically built:

[Defined Tables]
file.txt=file.txt 
[file.txt]
FILE=file.txt 
FLN=0 
DC=|
TT=CHARACTER
Charset=ANSI
DS=.
FIELD1=colA,VARCHAR,255,0,255,0,
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius