DSXchange: DataStage and IBM Websphere Data Integration Forum
View next topic
View previous topic
Add To Favorites
This topic has been marked "Resolved."
Author Message
ankursaxena.2003
Participant



Joined: 14 May 2012
Posts: 96

Points: 698

Post Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:38 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

DataStage® Release: 8x
Job Type: Parallel
OS: Unix
Additional info: DataStage 9.1
Hi,

I am getting below error....

main_program: Fatal Error: Added field has duplicate identifier(): X

The job was created in DataStage 8.5 and it was running fine. But when I moved the job to DataStage 9.1... I started getting error and the job is aborting.

_________________
Thanks,
Ankur Saxena
chulett

Premium Poster


since January 2006

Group memberships:
Premium Members, Inner Circle, Server to Parallel Transition Group

Joined: 12 Nov 2002
Posts: 42097
Location: Denver, CO
Points: 216080

Post Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:58 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

Rules always get tightened up release to release and we see this all the time where something was working that technically shouldn't have been and then an upgrade closes the loophole. Have you done an exact search here for that error?

_________________
-craig

Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit, I
Rate this response:  
ankursaxena.2003
Participant



Joined: 14 May 2012
Posts: 96

Points: 698

Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:40 am Reply with quote    Back to top    

Yeah I know.... I tried searching the web but all of them are asking to make changes to RCP. But, we have same setting on both DS version. So I dont know if that will make any thing different.

I will open a PMR with IBM today and keep you posted.

_________________
Thanks,
Ankur Saxena
Rate this response:  
chulett

Premium Poster


since January 2006

Group memberships:
Premium Members, Inner Circle, Server to Parallel Transition Group

Joined: 12 Nov 2002
Posts: 42097
Location: Denver, CO
Points: 216080

Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:40 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

So, none of the twenty other posts here which mention that error helped at all?

_________________
-craig

Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit, I
Rate this response:  
ankursaxena.2003
Participant



Joined: 14 May 2012
Posts: 96

Points: 698

Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:13 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

Nope. Most of them are for older version of datastage.

_________________
Thanks,
Ankur Saxena
Rate this response:  
jeawin
Participant



Joined: 04 Oct 2004
Posts: 18
Location: Milton Keynes
Points: 196

Post Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:33 am Reply with quote    Back to top    

Don’t know why DataStage gets its knickers in a twist here, but in my case by renaming the input field given in the error message which is used in the look-up (which link also contains that field name) the problem disappeared.

_________________
_______________________________________
"If I had asked people what they wanted they would have said faster horses"
Henry Ford
Rate this response:  
ankursaxena.2003
Participant



Joined: 14 May 2012
Posts: 96

Points: 698

Post Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:33 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

I found the issue....
The issue was that on one of the link in the job had Range Look up check box clicked but the key expression was missing.
Same job was running fine in DataStage 8.5, but with DS 9.1 release they have tightened the rule and now it is looking for key expression if range look up check box is clicked.

_________________
Thanks,
Ankur Saxena
Rate this response:  
chucksmith



Group memberships:
Premium Members, Inner Circle, Server to Parallel Transition Group

Joined: 16 Jun 2004
Posts: 385
Location: Virginia, USA
Points: 2412

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:12 am Reply with quote    Back to top    

In my case, the primary input of the Lookup stage had two range key columns. One range call was RANGE(lkp.A, "<", lkp.B, ">", 0), and the other was RANGE(lkp.C, "<", lkp.B, ">", 0).

I duplicated column lkp.B, creating column lkp.Btoo, then change the second range call to: RANGE(lkp.C, "<", lkp.Btoo, ">", 0), which got me past this problem.

_________________
Chuck Smith
www.anotheritco.com
Rate this response:  
Display posts from previous:       

Add To Favorites
View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Theme & Graphics by Daz :: Portal by Smartor
All times are GMT - 6 Hours