How to handle double quote in Column Name (Teradata)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rohit_mca2003
Participant

How to handle double quote in Column Name (Teradata)

Post by rohit_mca2003 »

Hi,
I have a requirement to handle double quote in the teradata column name. Since teradata does not accept column which are same as reserved words so it has been created as "TITLE".

I have a RCP enabled job, where source and target table have this kind of column ("TITLE").
While I read this column as "TITLE" (in SELECT query) the output column name coverts to TITLE (double quote gets removed).
But I get error while loading into such kind of table. Since double quote is removed from column name.
Before loading I tried to convert back/rename to have this column as "TITLE" using modify stage but not able to do.
Any suggestion how I can handle this INSERT or rename back to have double quote.

Thanks,
Rohit
Rohit
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

According to the "Connectivity Guide for Teradata Databases" documentation that I have you have the following property for that:

Enable quoted identifiers

Use this property to specify whether to enclose database object names in double quotation marks in the generated SQL. Double quotation marks are required if the table or column names contain special characters. This property only applies to the Table name property and the columns in the generated SQL.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers