DataStage objects got disappeared from designer

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Developer9
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Developer9 »

Paul,
Yes ..Job is corrupted and "CopyOf" Job did not work either.We haven't look much into local install of the client code as the issue started while I am connected via VPN. and rest all jobs were fine.

Thank you for the valuable suggestions .
Developer9
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Developer9 »

No worries ..May be Its because I did not emphasize enough on one job during my replies .I also checked the option of recover the job but DS Admin says there is no recover in datastage currently we have .(Not sure does it meant in DS itself OR in our project we have to setup for this).That leeds next question ,how can we recover the job ? (in case of corrupted scenarios like mine )
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

D9, make a new job. See if the stages are present and respond back to us with that info.
Developer9
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Developer9 »

I made a new job with some sample stages ..they are present and can see on the designer and it ran fine .

Thanks.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You recover from backup... you are backing your projects up, yes?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Developer9
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Developer9 »

Oh I see ..I thought there may a other option than backup .. I do take the backups but that job was just brand new and issue happened soon after creation :)

Anyways Thank you everyone for the contribution in this discussion .I am closing the post .