Invalid characters by using CLOB

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

MPUNKTM
Participant

Invalid characters by using CLOB

Post by MPUNKTM »

Hello,

i have a Problem trying to transfer a CLOB Field from a Oracle DB to another.
The job contains only 3 stages:

- ORACLE 11g Stage for reading
- Transformer (which doesnt realy transform data)
- ORACLE 11g Stage for writing

In the Source DB there are 2 CLOB Fields which are configured to read as LONGVARCHAR. The writting stage is also configured as LONGVARCHAR. NLS Mapping is used by ProjectDefault (UTF8). I got the following error message:

Code: Select all

WRITE_DB,1: Invalid character(s) ([xED][xA0][xBD]) found converting string (code point(s): <div class="rte-line"><span class="rte-highlight" style="background-color: rgb(1...) from codepage UTF-8 to Unicode, substituting.

Code: Select all

READ_DB,0: Internal Error: (!(stat.statusBits() & APT_DMStatus::eRecordTooBig)):api/dataset_rep1.C: 1795: Virtual data set.; output of "READ_DB": the record is too big to fit in a block;
the length requested is: 798202.
Traceback: Could not obtain stack trace; check that 'gdb' and 'sed' are installed and on your PATH
Any ideas where the problem is? Is it the fieldsize or a problem mit the nls mapping? fieldlength is unspecified in both, input and output.
MPUNKTM
Participant

Post by MPUNKTM »

Really no ideas?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Guess so.

Perhaps this Technote might help with your block size issue. I'm also curious if you only include 1 CLOB field rather than 2, does it then work? And I also seem to remember something about it needing to be the last column in the list...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers