Updating reference lookups programmatically

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

kenstorm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Updating reference lookups programmatically

Post by kenstorm »

I am creating a user involved process where scrubbed data needs to be approved by a SME. For data that has a low threshold, the user needs to approve or change the output then have that change inserted into the reference lookup so the next run will scrub it, return a higher threshold, and pass it through. How can I update the reference lookup within the ruleset?

Thank you for your time
Regards - Ken Breetz

Keep me in the circle of trust
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Ultimately the files (and a reference table is a file) reside in the Quality directory on the server. Therefore you should be able to modify such a file in place. However, there is no visibility of these on the client.

A better approach would be to effect the update on the client, play with the edited reference table there, and then provision it to the engine as usual.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kenstorm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kenstorm »

Ray,

Thank you for the help!

I won't try to update those files.

I am noticing a limitation on the amount of data i can put into a reference file. At one point, i can't Provision the rule set. When i try to open the rule set from Designer, i get a "Could not load Rule Set ... [No message from repository (error 0)] error.

When i have 5450 rows in the lookup, i can provision. When i add one or more rows, i can't provision. Is this a known issue or am i overloading the rule set?
Regards - Ken Breetz

rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

No limit that I know of. In fact, ZIPSTATE.TBL has 42523 rows, and JPKOAZA00.TBL has 158438 rows.

Is the entry you are trying to add a duplicate of another one?
Regards,
Robert
kenstorm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kenstorm »

Robert,

That is what i originally thought, that there were duplicates. I searched for that one additional row that caused the issue and it wasn't a duplicate. I even tried to add a different row and got the same error. Keep in mind that i am not tokenizing, i am matching on the entire string.

Thanks - Ken
Regards - Ken Breetz

rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Something is not right. You may have to open a PMR to get IBM to help you with this.
Regards,
Robert