Want to fix a particular warning with Funnel stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

niranjanpanda030
Participant

Want to fix a particular warning with Funnel stage

Post by niranjanpanda030 »

Hi ,

I am getting below warning:.

FN_Rej_Sku_Diffs: When checking operator: Dropping "diff_3_sku" in transfer from "inRec" to "outRec".

Googled a lot but could not find any resolution. Job has more than 50 warnings, because of which the Job aborts when triggered through Control-M. However when I run it manually it is working fine.

There is no RCP enable in the job . All the metadata passed to funnel stage verified . Everything is in sync.
Niranjan
thompsonp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by thompsonp »

Firstly - no need to post the same thing in two places.
Hopefully one of the admins can remove the duplicate in the General section.

Have you checked that diff_3_sku exists on all the input streams and that it is of the same type?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Two other places, actually. But now the cheese stands alone. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

I think the important thing you need to research is why does the job abort if run via Control-M scheduler and work fine if run manually.

I think you will find that control-M submits a script to execute, the script is probably reading the return code of the job and saying that "ran with warnings" is not the same as "ran ok" so it throws back a return code to your scheduler saying "blah it messed up".
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

Do you get the same warnings when executed from director, but still it completes?
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The warning suggests that (in the compiled version at least) diff_3_sku is not being transferred to the output link. It is possible that this is because diff_3_sku exists on some, BUT NOT ALL, input links.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.