create server routine to convert timestamp to string format

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

abyss
Premium Member
Premium Member

create server routine to convert timestamp to string format

Post by abyss »

Hi all
I have a parallel job, one argument requires a timestamp value in string format with "DD-MM-RRRR HH24:MI:SS" pattern.

for one of the sequence job i created, i need to pass the current timestamp (DSJobStartTimestamp) in, but the default format is "RRRR-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS", as I can't use TimestampToString function in sequence, i am planning to create a server routine to convert DSJobStartTimestamp into "DD-MM-RRRR HH24:MI:SS" format string. can anyone help me with it? i have little knowledge about routine.

and also can someone suggest good basic/parallel routine tutorials?

thanks
UCDI
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by UCDI »

this sounds like overkill and may be slower. I would think you could, worst case scenario, convert string to TS to string and then do a string manipulation to that cleaned up final string to finish it more efficiently in a transformer than it would be in basic...

assuming you know some other text programming language (?) you can probably get all you need here:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgece ... mming.html

if you need to learn text based programming skills, that will take more reading.