Different values to same Parameter Set in Same Sequence Job

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Amit_111
Participant

Different values to same Parameter Set in Same Sequence Job

Post by Amit_111 »

I have a DataStage Sequence Job which executes 4 DataStage jobs in it. All the 4 DataStage jobs run parallel to each other.

All these 4 jobs have same ParameterSet defined in them.

My requirement is that I want to pass a different set of values for these 4 different jobs but using the same ParameterSet defined in all these 4 jobs.

In Production these 4 jobs will have same set of values to be passed, it is only for now during testing that I need to point these 4 jobs to different environments to fetch data as we do not have a test environment similar to production and that is not going to happen in near future so this question. Thank You !
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No problem, you set the individual parameter values (whether or not they are members of a Parameter Set) in the Job activity that invokes the job.

Where you get these values from... well, that's something that only you know at this time.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.