dsadm user access after installing Datastage 8.5

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ckumar406
Premium Member
Premium Member

dsadm user access after installing Datastage 8.5

Post by ckumar406 »

Hi,

We are facing issues while logging into Datastage client tools with below error after we install Datastage 8.5 successfully in AIX server.

"Failed to connect to Information server engine
User name and/or password incorrect. If credential mapping is used, then check credentials mapped user name and password are correctly configured(80011)"

I have tried setting up the dsadm id in isconsole with different links were there in IBM portals, but no luck.

Any help on this really great.

Regards,
CKumar
Regards,
Kumar
ckumar406
Premium Member
Premium Member

pls help us on this

Post by ckumar406 »

pls help us on this
Regards,
Kumar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I think most of us have forgotten version 8.5 by now.

You must have at least one operating system user available, and Engine Credentials (through web console for Information Server) allow you to map your Information Server user IDs to that. I suspect you have missed that step.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ckumar406
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ckumar406 »

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the details. Actually I am in a process to upgrade my membership to premium membership and so i am not able to view full content of your message.
I have tried mapping our local os user credentials in IS Suite by referring many of the portals, but still i am stuck with same error.

Yesterday I did some checks by running runISALite.sh script and found a test with FAILED status under INFORMATION SERVER ENGINE/DATASTAGE SERVER.

TEST Group: Datastage Health check : I found an error message saying that the node name of "XYZ.domainname.com" that was found in the registered-servers.xml file does not appear to be correct. A node name of "XYZ" was expected.

As per my understanding, some where host full name was provided, which should be a short name. I have tried couple of times by updating registered-servers.xml and then after restarting Datastage, i have tried logging into client, but still getting same error.

Could you please advise me on this?

Thanks in Advance.
Regards,
Kumar
ckumar406
Premium Member
Premium Member

Issue resolved after user profile got changed

Post by ckumar406 »

Our issue got resolved after Unix Ops team fixed the local user profile, which was not done properly when we start our installation.

Thank you all for your help.
Regards,
Kumar
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

so why are you installing an unsupported version of datastage? Why not update since you are reinstalling stuff?