Error login to Director (Runtime error 7: out of memory)

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

deployDS
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error login to Director (Runtime error 7: out of memory)

Post by deployDS »

Hi All,

I'm trying to login to director client but keep getting this error:

Run-time error '7': Out of memory

I can login to datastage client without any issue but cannot navigate to director from here either, I get the out of memory error again.

Any insight what might be causing this issue? Thanks in advance.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As a guess, I'd wager you are out of memory. :wink:

In all seriousness, define the scope - is this something that used to work and now doesn't or you've never been able to do it? Does it affect everyone or just you? Does it matter what project you connect to?

Interesting, was going to suggest you search the forums for "Runtime error 7" to see how people have handled it in the past but... it hasn't been posted before. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
deployDS
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by deployDS »

Thank you Craig for the reply. I tired to search for this error and couldn't find much information.

This used to work earlier and it is happening with just my login. We have couple of projects and the issue occurs with both these projects.

Also, I can open/view jobs from designer and can open all the stages in a job except for the transformer stage.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Okay... is there something "different" about your PC than the others, as in it only has a minimal amount of memory and others have more? Have you installed more software lately so the amount of available memory for DataStage has gone down? Does your login work on someone else's client installation? Just trying to see how much is the your machine versus an actual problem with DataStage. And from what I recall, the Director takes a different, more resource intensive path through a project and has a lot more information to show you then say, the Designer.

The inability to open the Transformer stage is also a sign of reduced memory, from what I recall.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How much memory do you actually have, and have available?
Maybe you could close some of the 10,000 other windows you have open.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
deployDS
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by deployDS »

Thanks you Craig and Ray for your responses. I re-installed the client and it fixed the issue. Thanks again.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Having to re-start Windows, and therefore closing all applications, probably helped too. Keep that in mind if the problem recurs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.