Hierarchical Data : Can not write a field name, expecting

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

MrBlack
Participant

Hierarchical Data : Can not write a field name, expecting

Post by MrBlack »

I'm trying to compose a JSON file and I'm getting this error:

Code: Select all

Hierarchical_Data_0,0: org.codehaus.jackson.JsonGenerationException: Can not write a field name, expecting a value
I've never seen this before and I can't find anything on IBM explaining it.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Haven't seen it either.....but check your assembly carefully...it is easy to get lost in it, especially if you have a deep hierarchy, a lot of lists, and a lot of necessary re-groups. ....and when or if that happens, it is likely that you will get errors that are confusing.....

Check carefully the "scope" of all of your re-groups, and how you are mapping the different repeating "lists". ALSO....be sure that the xsd that was crafted for you when you imported the JSON is truly a "valid" schema for the structure you need.

...for example....if you have a JSON document that will have "departments with a list of employees", be SURE that your original imported document truly contained "several departments with several employees"...otherwise the interpretted schema may not reflect what you really want to build.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>