dsx import error

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hishamzz
Participant

dsx import error

Post by hishamzz »

Hi Folks,

I am facing the exact same issue as the author of this post.

The import fails when the job exists in the project.
After deletion of those jobs the import works fine.

The command i uses has the -Overwrite flag too. I tried with -OverwriteReadOnly and it still fails the import.

Any idea?

Regards,
Hisham
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Let me get you into your own post (so you have control over its fate) and linked back to the other one... there you go. Are you still running an 8.x version and have DataStage on a Windows server?

And just to confirm, you are getting the exact same error using the same import command / syntax? If it is only mostly the same, please post yours here. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
hishamzz
Participant

Post by hishamzz »

Hi Chulett,

Thanks alot for the new thread!

I am running this on DS 11.3 on UNIX.

As for the syntax, the following is what we are using :-

DSXImportService.sh -ISAuthFile $ds_ISFile -DSProject $project_Name -DSXFile $dsx_Path -OverwriteReadOnly -Verbose

I tried with -Overwrite and still faced the same issue.

The error message is the exact and same as the previous post. Unfortunately i do not have access to shell as of now to post that error message right now.

Regards,
Hisham
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Based on your information I updated the original post. Hopefully someone will have some actual helpful information for you shortly. Sadly, for this, that's not me. :(
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
hishamzz
Participant

Post by hishamzz »

Thanks Chulett.

Did some further troubleshooting and it seems that it was related to something wrong with the DSX itself. Unfortunately I cannot pinpoint what exactly was wrong with the DSX to comment on this further either :(

I took a fresh export of a couple of other jobs and they worked fine when it came to overwriting the original jobs.

It is nevertheless a bit of an enigma as to why the original DSX had failed. Ideally if there is anything wrong with the DSX the tool should not have processed the DSX at all.

Regards,
Hisham