Missing record delimiter "\n", saw EOF instead

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajan.n
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rajan.n »

Hi thanx a lote for the responce,
according to my job, am having a seq file as i said it clearly ..that am reading a xml file . this reads as a single coloumn. and the xml input stage will parse in to diff coloumns.
so am getting this error in the initial stage ..tht is seq stage .that have only one column.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Change the Char data type to Varchar.
As character Datatype might expect the fixed size character for the defined length. Since you input seems variable length, there is a chance where new line character may come even before the defined length.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
rexsmith
Participant

Post by rexsmith »

I've checked all the threads for an answer but i do not see one. I have the same issue . I had one job which was working with no issues couple of days back now i try to view the data it shows the same error. First thing, i was getting this from another job which i was developing today so i just went to check the old job it started throwing same warning . What could be the reason ?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What's changed? ("Nothing" is not the correct answer. Dig.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
shiva_reddys447
Participant

Post by shiva_reddys447 »

if the data is processing to next set of stages properly we can neglect this warning
rexsmith
Participant

Post by rexsmith »

I had $APT_IMPEXP_CHARSET set in the job . My source file is a ASCII converted file from mainframe .This variable is not allowing me to read the file . Usage of this variable has an effect on the other job which has source in ASCII .This could be one of the reason but iam not really sure.
asaf_arbely
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by asaf_arbely »

I had the same warning ("Missing record delimiter "", saw EOF instead") while reading from HDFS with BDFS stage.

Changing the "Final delimiter =none" or "=end" didn't help.

When I converted the files from DOS format to UNIX format I stopped getting this error (BDFS stage doesn't have the option to choose DOS/Unix format like in seq file).
vgupta88
Participant

Post by vgupta88 »

I also faced the same issue. Below 2 points made my job successfully finish without any warnings:

1) My file should follow the below format. Instead of Case2, follow Case1:

Case 1

ABCTTTAAAABBB
ABCTTTAAAABBB
ABCTTTAAAABBB
ABCTTTAAAABBB
|

Case 2

ABCTTTAAAABBB
ABCTTTAAAABBB
ABCTTTAAAABBB
ABCTTTAAAABBB|