Encrypted Password for IAAdmin Command

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

U
Participant

Encrypted Password for IAAdmin Command

Post by U »

We're about to begin investigating the IAAdmin command for a number of tasks. The manuals and Knowledge Center are silent on whether the -password option will accept a password encrypted using the encrypt utility in the ASBServer/ASBNode bin directory.

Does anyone happen to know? (We're not quite in a position to try it yet - some bureaucratic hurdles are yet to be overcome.)

Thank you for your time.
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Hi,

I do not believe IAAdmin can use an encrypted userid/password yet (even in the most recent 11.3 version).
There is an open enhancement request (http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg1JR46170)

Consider securing the directory that contains the script...
Regards,
Robert
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I also don't believe there's any way to use an encypted password with IAAdmin command. Like you, I've noticed that the documentation is silent on the issue, but it's never worked for me.

Robert's suggestion of securing the directory is a good one. You might also consider protecting the script via the setuid mechanism.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
U
Participant

Post by U »

Thank you for the answer, disappointing though it is.
roblew
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by roblew »

I know this is an old post, but I was searching for info on this and didn't see it anywhere (not in the documentation either).

Apparently (per JR51094), encrypted passwords have been enabled for IAAdmin since 9.1 RP4, and 11.3.1.1. I've also tested successfully in 11.5.0.1 (on RHEL).
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg1JR51094

I was able to simply run encrypt.sh, the substitute the encrypted password in the IAAdmin.sh command without any other changes.

thanks,
Rob