Rules Test Results in thin client

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

datajan
Participant

Rules Test Results in thin client

Post by datajan »

1. CSV file loaded in IA through thin client via file engine connector.
2. Ran profile in thin client.
3. now in thick client/workbench -->When try to run 'Rules', it says executed completed (no error).
4. But when I try to see the test results, it give message like ' no rules have been ran' please run the rules.

Can you please point me in correct direction where I can see the test results. Which step I am missing.

Also, while I load file thru thick client, it gives red icon at host name is this expected?

In thin client we cannot create a new rule definition right? we can only bind existing rule in thin client is my understanding right?

thank you
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Hi,

Are you talking about a Data Rule? Can you please be more specific about where you see the error? Can you please try to create the Data Rule in the Thin Client?

As for the red icon, yes, that is expected. The Thick Client does not know about those source types (File Connector), so it does not know how to represent it.

As of Fixpack 2, data rule definitions must be created in the Thick Client (or the API). This 'gap' will be closed in a future release (date unknown :)) Data Rules can be created in both thick and thin.

Generally speaking, I would advise to do as much work as possible in the thin client.
Regards,
Robert
datajan
Participant

Post by datajan »

Thank you rjdickson. I am seeing the error in thick client when clicked on 'view test results'. But we cannot create a new rule definition in thin client right? :)

One more finding:
when I create rule definition in thick client as 'if jan is_numeric then jan matches_format '99.99''
Where jan is variable name.

And in INI file I have define Jan as numeric.
When I try to bind (in thick client) that with the corresponding column it gives error 'one of the variable in the rule logic is bound to an invalid data type'. I get that as under 'Resolve Bindings' the third column is data type as string. How does it has string. How to change that, is that editable? any pointes will be very helpful.

:P :P :) :) :)
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

My initial guess would be that 'matches format' inputs must be string.

You may want to try:
if jan is_numeric then tostring(jan) matches_format '99.99'
Regards,
Robert