Designer Login Issue ..Failure to authenticate current user

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Developer9
Premium Member
Premium Member

Designer Login Issue ..Failure to authenticate current user

Post by Developer9 »

Hi,

Our Environment is IIS DataStage 11.5 on Windows.I am able to login to Information Server

When I try to login to client components (designer,director,administrator) it is giving the following error message after several attempts I was able to login but this is happening frequently

Code: Select all

failure to authenticate current user against the selected services tier
After Checking with DS Admin Team they are saying It is related to the network/connectivity .

Please share your experience on this error before and resolution steps

Thanks
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

That is NOT a networking issue.

When you say "I am able to login to Information Server", what exactly do you mean since you just said you can't log in to designer/director.

Do you mean that you can log on to the HOST?

Your Websphere authentication needs to be identified. Are you using LDAP?
Is the user id in LDAP = to the user id on Host? (same uid, same password)

Is your user id part of the dstage (default name, could be different in your shop) group?

Are you granted Suite User role?
Are you granted DataStage / QualityStage user role?
Are you granted access (developer role, super operator role, etc...) to the project?
Is your setup done in such a fashion that GROUPS are used for access and perhaps your name is not within one of those Groups that would grant you access to the tool?
Developer9
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Developer9 »

Where to check this information ? When I click "open web console "It says Your connection is not private. All that I am using a HOST name and username, password for the log on.

Thanks ..
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

Is this a new installation?

On the surface, it seems like the security setup for your installation has not been configured completely.

If this is an installation that has worked previously, but is no longer working, then that would lead the troubleshooting down a slightly different path.

Your information server admin should be consulted. If they don't know how to resolve it, they should get in touch with your support provider.

Mike
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Have your admin walk you through the steps.

11.5 uses HTTPS, your browser is most likely telling you about the certificate hiccup you are having.
Developer9
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Developer9 »

Hi PaulVL,

When I connected through Remote desktop I was able to login to web console
Under the Administration tab >Domain Management >Engine Credentials >select IS Engine (Open my credentials --default I see dsadm username)

I will co-ordinate with dsadmin for more details

Thanks
contactshashi
Participant

Post by contactshashi »

Your id has not been added as Datastage user ...Contact Admin .He needs to add your id under requested projects as Developer/operator