Capturing Rejected data columns in to reject file using RCP

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mohan2312
Participant

Capturing Rejected data columns in to reject file using RCP

Post by mohan2312 »

I am using generic job to extract a table and load the same table in another schema using RCP enabled in the job. The target connector ( oracle) has a reject link with ERROR CODE and ERROR TEXT columns selected.

When I ran the job and there were rejects, I could only see ERROR CODE and ERROR TEXT in the reject file. I would like to see the actual record to take corrective action.

Please suggest how do I design the job to be able to see actual record ( actual columns along with ERROR CODE and ERROR TEXT).
anudeepdasari001
Participant

Post by anudeepdasari001 »

Try checking with Disabling RCP and Map all the columns till the Target connector,Then you can check the columns list on the oracle connector output tab for reject link.
anudpETL
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

How did you look at your reject file?

Mike
cdp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cdp »

In your target Oracle Stage output/columns tabs...
Is the 'Runtime column propagation' box checked ?
mohan2312
Participant

Post by mohan2312 »

cdp wrote:In your target Oracle Stage output/columns tabs... Is the 'Runtime column propagation' box checked ?
Yes, in the target connector Runtime Column Propagation box checked.
mohan2312
Participant

Post by mohan2312 »

Mike wrote:How did you look at your reject file?
I went and did view data on the reject file. Since there are only ERRORTEXT and ERRORCODE columns in the metadata so i am able to view only these two columns. I also went and checked the file in the unix path manually and the file also doesnt have other columns except the above two.
mohan2312
Participant

Post by mohan2312 »

anudeepdasari001 wrote:Try checking with Disabling RCP and Map all the columns till the Target connector,Then you can check the columns list on the oracle connector output tab for reject link.
This is a generic job and I dont know the what columns will come for a table. That is the reason to go with RCP instead of mapping columns. I have to use same job to load multiple tables.
mohan2312
Participant

Re: Capturing Rejected data columns in to reject file using

Post by mohan2312 »

Can anyone please respond to this post. I am stuck with jobs development due to this issue. Any help is appreciated
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

What did your official support provider have to say?

It sounds to me like it's either a limitation of the reject link for the Oracle Connector or a bug.

Mike