MERGE: Error occurred while deleting temporary file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cidguerrero
Participant

MERGE: Error occurred while deleting temporary file

Post by cidguerrero »

Hi, I'm new in DataStage. We're using version Datastage Designer 7.5.2 and I'm getting this error in a not too large job MERGE: Error occurred while deleting temporary file. My job starts with the merge and in parallel there are other stages executing too. I can see that when that merge finishes it crashes and turn links into red, so part of my job is processed and it stops.
How ever, when I separately run that merge linked with a Sequential File, it runs perfectly and the link gets green. Please I need help in this.
TheCid
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

Can you please sketch out a little more of your job design, in particular how the Merge stage is supposed to be working.

Can you please also confirm that the executing user ID has appropriate permission to the temporary directory identified in the Merge stage properties?

It might also help to set Tracing Level to 1, so that stage properties are written to the job log file.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.